Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Work in Progress

Well, several days, three new chapters, a half inch of snow (IN ALABAMA), a car ride with the puppies, and a clean house later, I'm back to provide an update.  And the update is.... nothing has changed since last time.  I know.  Exciting, huh?  I still have several queries out, and one agent still has my manuscript, so I'm continuing to play the waiting game.  It's the most mind-numbing process ever, and because I don't want gmail to get angry with me for refreshing ever five minutes like I secretly WANT to do, I've started working on the sequel to SEVENTEEN.

Now, I had already written about 150 pages worth of a sequel last spring, but that was before I made major changes to the first book.  As such, most of those pages are fairly worthless, but they have some good ideas that I plan to carry over as I rewrite it.  It's pretty daunting to commit myself to writing a sequel to a book that hasn't even been picked up by an agent yet, BUT I feel the need to continue the story, so I will.  I've also begun writing down snippets of other ideas that might one day blossom into a full novel.  I don't know if it's because I've been stuck indoors since Christmas due to rainy, cold weather, or if I'm just having a God-given spurt of creativity, but it's pretty exciting regardless.

So anyways, sorry I don't have any news that is more exciting, but I hope to hear back from some agents this week.  If not, you can find me on Friday night with a massive margarita in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment